קסם וחסר מזה

Enchantment and lack thereof

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Memior Project - Commercial

So instead of enriching my mind and body tonight, I polluted it with mindless television and junk food. Tonight I subjected myself to hours of commercalized ... commercials, it seems that everyone is trying to get me to buy something
this time of year. I also overindulged in fattening DP Dough for the second time in two days; then loading myself up with sugar in the form of cookies
and mega-lemonade, something I have been conditioning myself not to crave or indulge in as much these days. While hanging with Jenn, I attempted intellectual conversation, as she is a bright girl, but she seems more satisfied in pursuing more simple and masculine topics of conversation; that is to say, she didn't want to talk politics like I did. I guess this is kind of a blessing for me, as our political views clash dramatically in many ways. My ex­perience as an argue-er has shown me that it is futile to transplant another person's beliefs and opinions, the result of any attempt results in a proverbial "pissing match". On to other topics....

Why does everyone want me to buy things? Why can one man make fortunes while others lose? I feel victimized, almost overwhelmed, by the onslaught of advertisement that I am forced to endure day after day. It's holiday fever, and it's overcoming America once again, only more this year than the last. Fresh, new items that everyone has gotta' have are convieniently ubiquitous these days. Even George Foreman has a new grill that his kitchen (and his accountants) are thrilled about. Yes sir, seems like a bunch of folks are making money off of little old me, and the rest of the country. Well I'm not buying it. An attempt to boycott the consumption orgy that is holiday (let's not lie to ourselves, it's mostly Christmas) shopping would only further alien­ate myself from my family. I cannot choose that path. Instead, I will stick to my minimalist approach to life, and minimize my participation in this financial giveaway. I would simply make all my gifts by hand, while asking for nothing in return, but I haven't the time, and my family insists upon my "normal" participation. I guess I'm fucked.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone deserve tremendous accolades for their work in enter­tainment. Their South Park creation, as well as their many motion pictures, except Basketball, were truly fountains of enlightenment in a desert of trash. These geniuses are able to "play both sides" of the political devide, which
is a factor in their broad demographic. Their most recent work in Team America is an astounding display of their dedication to comedy and their tireless efforts in that pursuit. South Park has enjoyed more episodes than most othjer shows, and I look forward to seeing what else these two have up their sleeves.

This begins the conclusion of my entry tonight. I wish to remain fresh for a buffet lunch date tomorow. I hope I can find the coupon's for Pizza Hut. It is time to close, I am making far too many errors for my own good. This
concludes this entry.
12/9/2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home