קסם וחסר מזה

Enchantment and lack thereof

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Pre-Tabfest

Tabfest is coming.  It's hard to study for finals I am so excited.  Tabfest is a psychedelic 2-day charity music festival.  These festivals are always mind-blowing for me for several reasons.  Once you arrive, its like you step outside the jurisdiction of all law enforcement for one weekend.  The variety and quantity of drugs and alcohol there will amaze anyone.  And there is no "man" there to kill your buzz.  In fact, the people working at the festival are most likely as fucked up as you are.

To describe the feeling I would like to quote Homer Simpson:

"I could smoke pot right in the President's little monkey face, and he'd just have to sit there groovin' on it."


It can truly be a surreal time in which you become friends with everyone.  Complete strangers will approach you, perhaps join you at your campsite, and greet you as an old friend.  I believe this is the way the world should work, we should all be able to love one another and experiment with mind-enhancing drugs at the same time. 

At festivals, the common, perhaps unnecessary, protocols for personal interaction are done away with.  When you are there, you just are.   If you want to do something, you just do it.  It is truly the definition of "groovy".  People won't judge you for acting strange, for speaking incoherently, everyone there understands, accepts, and shares. 

The last festival I went to, in Terra Alta, West Virginia was named Sunshine Daydream.  It was truly a magical place and my first real festival.  Unfortunately, I learned a hard lesson at this festival, Put your belongings in a safe place before you get retarded.  I managed to loose my cell phone and car keys in the same night.  Probably from rolling around in the mud and wrestling with my friends.  Luckily, both were found in the morning and I was able to avoid getting in trouble. 

I am truly excited about this weekend, I will bring my party journal to record my circuitous thoughts as the weekend progresses.  I unfortunately won't be able to bring my camera as that violates the rule above.  I will share the great times with you, and we will all have a good laugh.  Talk to you then.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home