קסם וחסר מזה

Enchantment and lack thereof

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Monday, July 12, 2004

First Timer

I have been debating the idea of a weblog or live journal for quite some time. I guess I'll write some stuff in this and try not to look like an idiot. I will decide whether to make this a permanent thing based on response from readers and how annoyed I get with writing this stuff. Though it may be a good distraction from homework, something I am always looking for.

I recently moved into my new home. This spacious apartment has just about everything! Unfortunately I couldn't be farther away from anything. Friday night while all kinds of fucked up, I managed to stumble home from uptown, man what a piece. The walk took 20 minutes and I was all alone and wasted. By the time I got to the bottom of the hill that I needed to climb to get to my apartment, I just wanted to get to my nice bed with the spandex sheets. I sprinted up the hill to theoretically expedite sleep, I can't remember the last time I was that exhausted, wap.

I managed to find bed at 2:30 am and about 4 hours later, had to awake for Lowe's orientation. No big deal right? a 2 hour glossing over of the rules and regulations, right? No, wrong! 8 hours of watching training videos (4 of which were about employee theft - how many ways can you say "Don't Steal!"?) and reading the employee manual, cover-to-cover, aloud. I love high school. Ironically, I was the only person in the room under 30 and the only non-NASCAR fan in the place. Working at Lowes is going to be fun. To top it all off I was hungover something fierce and We're Rollin' Pretzels was the only soothing nourishment around for miles, but even their water cost money. Fast food is ridiculous, they still make a profit on the healthy alternative to pop which would probably be cleaner if I drank it out of a toilet for free anyway. That's all for now, gotta go to my 10:00 class since I generously granted myself an extra hour of sleep by accident and missed my 8:00 am, whoops. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home